The QSuper and Sunsuper have appointed Anthony Rose as its chief financial officer of its merged entity, finalising its executive team.
Rose had over 30 years of experience in financial services across investment banking and retail/business banking. He has held leadership positions at Bank of Queensland, Suncorp Bank, Citi Australia, Merrill Lynch Australia, and most recently, Credit Suisse Australia.
Earlier this year, the two funds announced they were to merge with Bernard Reilly as the chief executive.
“At merger, we will be Australia’s second largest superannuation fund with two million members, and we have created a leadership team equipped to serve their needs,” Reilly said.
“The executive team has a blend of experience and background and, most importantly, a shared commitment to the best financial interests of our members.
“These appointments are another important step in setting up our merged fund for success and the board and I are confident this executive team is well placed to deliver for our members and our people.”
The executive team members of the merged fund would be:
• Chief executive officer – Bernard Reilly
• Chief financial officer – Anthony Rose
• Chief growth officer – Dave Woodall
• Chief investment officer – Ian Patrick
• Chief member officer – Karin Muller
• Chief people officer – Helen Jackson
• Chief of QInsure – Phil Fraser
• Chief risk officer – Anne Browne
• Chief strategy officer – Teifi Whatley
• Chief technology officer – Rod Greenaway
• General counsel – Deanne Wilden
The merger remained subject to a range of conditions including regulatory, legislative, and final board approvals.