Incoming chief executive of First State Super, Deanne Stewart, and Link Group managing director, John McMurtrie, have been appointed to the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) board, replacing outgoing directors Michael Dwyer and Suzanne Holden.
Stewart would fill the public sector representative vacancy and McMurtrie the service provider opening.
Directors Michael Clancy of Qantas Super, Chris Davies of TelstraSuper, David Elia of HOSTPLUS, and Leeanne Turner of MTAA Super were also reappointed.
Following the annual general meeting and board meeting held at the ASFA Conference in Adelaide this week, the ASFA board was made up of:
- Dr Michael Easson AM, Chairman, Founding Director of EG Funds Management
- David Elia (Fellow of ASFA), Chief Executive Officer, HOSTPLUS
- Leanne Turner, Chief Executive Officer, MTAA Superannuation Fund
Public sector funds
- Peter Carrigy-Ryan, Chief Executive Officer, Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation
- Deanne Stewart, Chief Executive Officer, First State Super
- Andrew Boal (Fellow of ASFA), Head of Australasia, Willis Towers Watson
- John McMurtrie, Managing Director, Link Group
- Linda Elkins, Executive General Manager, Colonial First State
- Melinda Howes (Fellow of ASFA), General Manager of Superannuation, BT Financial Group
- Michael Clancy, Chief Executive Officer, Qantas Superannuation
- Chris Davies, Chief Executive Officer, TelstraSuper.